Monday, January 7, 2019

windows 7 - I want to move winsxs folder to another drive. Possible?




My SSD is running out of space. The winsxs folder is by far the biggest holder of space. So I wanted to move the folder to another drive, then make a junction to actually point to the new location.


The stumbling block is that to create a junction, you must delete the source folder. And I can't do that because Windows won't let me. It states that TrustedInstaller user owns the folder and I can't do anything about it. I attempted to take ownership of the folder but windows simply won't let me.


My questions are as follows:



  1. What I am trying to do...is it safe?

  2. How do I take ownership of the winsxs folder?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...