Friday, January 25, 2019

Files have disappeared on my ext3 external hard drive

Yesterday, my external hard drive was working fine. Now, only the boot partition is accessible whilst the main partition with all my files on it is coming up as a raw, empty drive.




I had taken it to a friend's, where I tried to access the files from a Xbox 360 and a PC. For the latter, I installed Ext2Fsd and Ext2 IFS for Windows 7 but didn't do anything that could have resulted in a formatting or loss of files. The hard drive was moved from one house to another but was extremely snug in a backpack and isn't likely to have taken any knocks.



Any clue what has happened and how I can access the files if at all? I only have access to Windows XP. It is a 1TB drive, so I can't even remember half of what's on it, let alone how to replace it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...