Thursday, January 24, 2019

windows - software-based dual-monitor solution via LAN


Does anyone know of a software-solution which makes it possible to use a monitor attached to another (running) PC via LAN in the same way as a second monitor?


My situation is this: I have a PC and a notebook. Sometimes it would be very convenient if I could use the PC's monitor as a second monitor from the notebook. I know that I can attach the monitor to the notebook, but I was thinking maybe there are is a software-based solution, e.g. a program (similar to remote desktop) which would run on the PC and notebook and which would allow me to use the PC's monitor from the notebook as if it were physically attached.


Update: I'm using windows 7.


Answer



Assuming you're running Windows, MaxiVista can do this:



MaxiVista turns any spare Desktop,
Laptop or Netbook PC into a dual
monitor for your primary computer. No
extra multi monitor hardware is
required. Simply extend program
windows across multiple screens as if
it were one big monitor. Increase your
productivity by using multiple
monitors.



MaxiVista is not free though.


There is also ZoneScreen but I've never used it and don't know how well it works.


Edit: Actually this question is a duplicate of many questions, as you can see by checking all questions whose answers mention MaxiVista :-) .


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...