Saturday, January 12, 2019

memory - Replaced and increased amount of RAM caused disk transfer rate score to drop

I just installed 2 new g.skill 4GB sticks of ram to my open slots. The occupied slots contain 2GB a piece for a total of 4GB before the install. My system is now at 12GB but some reason my disk transfer rate score dropped from 6.3 to a 5.9. I suppose that seems like a small drop but I was expecting an increase. Compatibility was checked and all seems to work fine.


Last thought, I know you are supposed to rotate every other slot for installation, however I noticed that you are generally guided by your motherboard/ram slots color. My slots are different than some I've seen and are 2 blue 2 black, side by side and not every other so I did NOT remove previous 2GB stick to put a 4 GB between them. The computer boots and runs normally so I'm assuming that isn't the issue, but not sure!


Sorry to be wordy...any help appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...