Friday, January 11, 2019

Do I need to need to deactivate Windows before re-installing



If I would like to reinstall Windows 7 on the same laptop as 64-bit instead of 32-bitusing the original key, would I need to deactivate Windows first using the process shown here or could I just reinstall and activate over the web or using something like this?


Answer



You should be fine. There is no deactivation ability in Windows. After installing, Windows will ask you to activate again. Microsoft and Windows is smart enough to look at your hardware and see that it is the same and using the same key should work. Absolute worst case, you would have to call them and tell them you are switching to 64 bit version.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...