Thursday, January 17, 2019

Windows 10 Global Shortcut

Guys I have a problem that is grinding my gears for a couple of days. First of all I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14295.rs1_release.106318-1628. After updated to that version (I don't know if really was there) I'm not be able to press CTRL+N, CTRL+P and CTRL+O on ANY windows application after some minutes computer starts. I mean, I can use those hotkeys a few minutes after windows starts, later that I cannot open new window on Google Chrome nor create a new file on Sublime Text 3 which are the commands for CTRL+N. I use this notebook for work since the last year and those hotkeys uses to work on Windows 8.1 and after upgrading to Windows 10.


I've tried Ethervane ActiveHotkeys, Hotkey Commander and Hotkey Explorer, Shortcut Key Explorer and a couple of other programs and I only discovered that something is binding those keys, but I couldn't find who was. I'm sure that is not a Start Menu Shortcut because it disallow to set hotkeys like CTRL+[A-Z].


I'm considering that all this mess is a work of a module (.dll) which is creating a binding, however System Explorer doesn't shows necessary information to me. I wish you would give me a path to walk through because I've tried all that I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...