Thursday, January 17, 2019

windows 7 - Can laptop slow down after ram upgrade?

I upgraded RAM on my old ThinkPad T400 from 4GB to 8GB.
Is it possible that my laptop slow down because of additional RAM?


It is quite old laptop.
Specs:
Intel Core2Duo P8600 2,4GHz
SSD Samsung Evo 256GB
Originally 2GB RAM, than 2x2GB and now 2x4GB
Win 7 Pro 64-bit


What is happening when I talk about "slow down"? Sometimes it just freezes for some time even when I just browse web. When I look to Windows Task Manager -> Performance Ram is just on maybe 3-4GB used but CPU is at 100% usage. I also think that my laptop is quite hotter then before but it is maybe just false sense or fan is poluted with dust or it is just warm now outside.


Is it possible that now when I finally have enough memory my old CPU isn't able to process so much data?


Thanks for any advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...