Wednesday, January 9, 2019

linux - How do i execute a program based on a keypress from a specific USB keyboard?

I've been given one of these ubiquitous usb-sleep buttons which is basically a supersimple usb-keyboard. It's a big button that sends a SLEEP keypress to the computer when you slam it. But that is pretty boring. I'd love to remap it to do something more fun but I can't figure out how to bind to only the sleep press from the button and not from my ordinary keyboard.



The button identifies as



Bus 001 Device 035: ID 1130:600d Tenx Technology, Inc. 


I'd like to know if there's either





  1. a way of mapping a key from a specific keyboard to an action OR


  2. a way of remapping the sleep key from a specific keyboard to a new key-code or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...