Saturday, January 5, 2019

linux - How to convert a 1 page PDF to a 2 page per sheet PDF?


I would like to print a PDF so that on the front of the first page are the first two pages, on the back the 3rd and 4th and so on.


-----------------          -----------------
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
| 1 | 2 | | 3 | 4 | . . .
| | | | | |
|_______|_______| |_______|_______|
page 1 - front page 1 - back

Because my printer using Linux fails to support manual duplex printing I'd thought, maybe I could edit the pdf in a according way.


But how?


Answer



In addition to what's been mentioned, PDFjam includes a command line tool, pdfnup which does this. (It makes use of the pdfpages package for PDFLaTeX underneath, which you can also use.)


If you prefer a GUI, jPDFtweak is another option.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...