Friday, January 18, 2019

memory - Is this the correct way to slot in RAM and is the number okay?

I was using a 2GB DDR3 ram stick on my last Computer, I got a new motherboard which had an offer for 4GB so I took it, got home and discovered it was actually 8 GB DDR3 RAM, two identical 4GB sticks. Pretty cool. :P



Anyway, The motherboard has four slots, two blue and two black. They are arranged like this:



Blue | Black | Blue | Black




I have placed the two 4 GB sticks in the blue slots, and the spare 2GB i had in a black slot. It's probably overkill, but might as well use it I figured.



Is this the correct way to arrange them? Would the 2GB hurt performance, with how channels work?



Thanks.



edit - motherboard is a ASUS M5A 78L-M USB3

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...