Monday, January 7, 2019

Windows 7 hidden account


I hid one of the accounts on my computer from the welcome screen by adding it to the registry key:


HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

I was hoping I'd be able to log in to this account by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del on the welcome screen, but Windows 7 completely ignores this. Is there a way to login to the hidden account on a Windows 7 machine?


Answer



Starting with Vista, ctrl-alt-del doesn't work any more by default in the login screen.


(edited to make it at least correct)


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...