Friday, January 4, 2019

windows 10 - Bitlocker Partition Shrinking Problems

I have a laptop, Dell XPS 13, with a bitlocker partition that I want to shrink. I tried the usual shenanigans, disabling the page file, disabling hibernation file etc.


This stackoverflow question seemed to offer some solution; turn off the bitlocker encryption.


However I have the windows 10 home edition, bitlocker options are nowhere to be found. This is to say, Dell preinstalled some bitlocker partition I cannot decrypt => therefore I cannot resize it.


Gparted etc. are pretty useless as far as I know with fully encrypted paritions and I don't really know what to do anymore.


Besides just reinstalling Windows, is there anything else I can do to resize the partition ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...