Wednesday, January 23, 2019

partitioning - cant allocate free space to partition ubuntu 12.04


I have 26GB of unlocatted space and I want to add that space to my existing partitions. The problem is that i cant seem to use use that space to resize the partitions.


Here is my partitions list in gparted enter image description here


I want to copy the free space to the /dev/sd6 partition but the option resize is greyed out.


Answer



The resize option is likely grayed out since the partition is mounted. Since it appears this is your root partition, your best option is probably to use a GParted LiveCD or LiveUSB. Once you boot from that drive, you should be able to resize/move any partition on the drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...