Wednesday, January 23, 2019

installation - Install Windows XP on old IDE hard disk

I wanted to know if there was a way to install Windows XP on a old Pentium 4 (Intel motherboard) system which does not boot via USB and CD/DVD drive?


Is it possible to connect the hard disk to my laptop and install Windows XP Pro on it using VMware (replicating the Pentium 4 motherboard conditions)? or is there any other way anyone knows about?


But when I try to boot from USB it gives me a "j and blinking cursor" and the CD/DVD doesn't show in the BIOS.


A friend tried to clone my Windows XP partition in the laptop to the Pentium 4 pc hard disk using paragon option "clone partition" it gives a different error.



"/ntldr" error code 0xc000000e



Please let me know a solution
Many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...