Sunday, January 20, 2019

Unable to boot, motherboard beeps every 5 seconds or so

A couple of weeks ago, my computer suddently crashed (the screen blinked twice, and then the computer shut down).


Upon restarting it, I got no picture and my motherboard made one long and three short beeps.


After trying all sorts of things, I decided to send in my GPU, and I had a replacement sent, but after installing it yesterday, it seemed to work, but it was just hanging at the motherboard splashscreen. I then tried to enter BIOS to see if there was something wrong with the boot settings, but I couldn't enter BIOS. After hitting DEL a few times, the onboard speaker would start making a weird clicking sound every time I hit a key on my keyboard.


After having tried restarting a few times, It went back to doing the same thing as before I installed the new GPU... One long, three short beeps.


EDIT


Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UD7
CPU: Intel i7-3930k 3.4Ghz
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 670
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance
Powersupply: Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W
Harddrive: 1x 1TB Western Digital, 1x 120Gb Corsair


EDIT 2


Right, so now I get a picture, but it hangs at debug code 62... I've done a bit of research and this seems to be a problem with the new sandy bridge architecture... Time to RMA my motherboard..... Thanks for all the suggestions, though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...