Tuesday, January 22, 2019

macos - My MacBookPro (Sierra) not using Swap memory though no RAM is left

Recently my mac started to work very slow and constantly freezing due to running out of memory. I thought that it's supposed to use ssd space once RAM is close to full, however, it's not using the disk space enough to make some free RAM.




It does use some swap memory like 2.3gb ssd vs 7.8gb ram while over 13gb of ssd is still left.



RAM vs Disk space



Activity monitor



I do admit that I have plenty of things opened but I didn't have this issue before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...