Wednesday, January 30, 2019

windows 7 - How to restore a Dell Inspiron 2100 back to factory settings?

My computer won't boot into Windows 7 anymore.


It started off with Vista, was upgraded to 7 (both by legal means)


I wanted to install ubuntu or kubuntu, so I got wubi and boot-loaded it via usb flash drive.


After that, windows 7 wouldn't start. It would get as far as the green-metered progress bar on the bottom for about 10 seconds, but then would go right back to the bios screen after that.


I have Hiren's BootCD 10.1, windows xp cd, and (obviously) an external usb cd drive.


Anyone know what tool(s) to use to restore this computer so that I can boot windows xp cd and setup/install it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...