Sunday, January 20, 2019

Shortcut to close last opened bracket in Notepad++?

Is there any shortcut to close the last opened bracket for notepad++?


i.e., if I write:


if (this.variable == _variable

and then hit the shortcut keys, it would add a ")" because that's the last opened bracket.


or if i write:


if (this.variable == _variable) { getJson({ some:data },function () { alert("something");

then hit the shortcut keys three times, it would know to add a "}" to close the function, then a ")" to close the getJson, then a "}" to close the IF statement.


(maybe the latter one doesn't make as much sense because one would expect a semicolon after the getJson is closed, but I guess my point is clear)


My question comes up because I am frustrated with the functionality of a closing bracket coming automatically after I open a bracket. In the end, I have to write that bracket myself anyways because I want to continue my code that comes after the bracket that was automatically added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...