Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Computer does not see a new hard drive

I have Windows 7 and Windows Vista ultimate both 64 bit. Tried both. So my hard drive went out and I picked up a Hitachi 2 TB drive. I have an old small drive from my laptop with Windows 7 on it which I am working from now. I put this drive in and the 2 TB drive so to work with disk management. I booted up to check the BIOS and both drives are seen in BIOS. I load up Windows 7 and in my C drive I do not see the 2 TB drive.


I have right clicked on My Computer also it won't let me change letters on the Hitachi. So on to Disk Management and loaded it up and it sees all drives my small drive that is working c: the Hitachi drive reads like 2048 GB with no drive letter tells me it is healthy and online and it will not let me assign any drive letter it will not let me format, which I think this is what has to be done before it will let load Windows from a disk.


I have also loaded with the Windows disk. I get to the part where you can format, load drivers and so on but the Hitachi drive is not there?


My machine:



  • SATA drives

  • 16 gig memory

  • AMD Radeon HD770

  • Ga-9701-ud3 board

  • AMD Phenom 2x4 955 processor @ 3200mhz


There was no setup disk with the Hitachi drive and I did pick it up new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...