Friday, January 4, 2019

memory - Windows 10 Unexplained RAM Usage

My computer is running Windows 10 Home 64-bit with 16GB RAM, however I am always running into an issue where my computer says I'm out of memory when I really shouldn't be.


Looking at Task Manager, it tells me that System and compressed memory is using the most, averaging at roughly 690MB. Going into the Performance tab, it says at least 14GB is in use, however if I were to add up everything in the Details tab, it wouldn't even get close to 14GB.


Task Manager
RAMMap


Above I have included screenshots of Task Manager's Performance tab, as well as RAMMap's main page. Is there anything I can do to drastically reduce the used memory? It's been causing funky things (like disconnecting monitors) to happen when I ignore the warnings. The only process running with high memory usage that I can see is Google Chrome.


I've looked through related questions and did my research but nothing I found really fits my case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...