Thursday, July 11, 2019

Windows sometimes doesn't boot after Ubuntu 16.04 dual boot installation

After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on my computer (Ubuntu on a hard drive, the grub and windows 10 on a NVMe drive), sometimes Windows will not boot all the way, and boots slowly when it does boot. After installing Ubuntu my windows boot screen changed to the windows blue logo and the spinning dots (which are kind of morphed now) The dots will randomly freeze, the screen will go black, and then the logo and the dots come back, and then they go away again to a black screen. Sometimes the black screen will load into my windows sign-in page, but sometimes I just get a lit black screen that I can't interact with at all. It also sounds like my fans go at full speed and my hard drive is spinning super fast when that happens. I usually have to do a hard reset if that happens.



I've tried enabling/disabling secure boot. I've already turned fast boot off. I've already tried running the standard ubuntu Grub boot-repair tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...