Saturday, July 20, 2019

mac - Speed difference HFS and NTFS for data


I have two partitions, one NTFS and the other a Mac OS X HFS+ Journaled drive. My data mainly consists of Music (mp3, m4a files, videos (mkv, avi, wmv) and stored files (iso, exe and development files)


My main thought in my head would be that the HFS+ partition would be better for storage, but then again I won't be able to see the files in Windows.


I know there is MacDrive by mediafour, but it seems that it won't be native file management and may cause a performance loss on the Windows Side.


Thanks


Answer



It does not really matter. See here for more on the subject (though not a lot more).


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...