Sunday, July 7, 2019

Pen Drive automatically got Write-Protected

I had given a pen drive of mine to a friend with some data on it. He plugged the pen drive into the Windows 7 powered Acer netbook, didn't eject (unmount) it before pulling it out.


When I again plugged in my pen drive on his netbook or on my desktop, it shows that its write protected. Even in Ubuntu, it mounts as write protected.


I have read these posts and none worked:



  1. http://www.troublefixers.com/remove-write-protection-on-usb-pen-drive-or-memory-card-or-ipod/

  2. How to make USB drive or pen drive write protected?

  3. usb write protected!

  4. Remove the write protection from a USB flash disk


The Problems I'm facing:



  1. I have no write protection switch on the Pen Drive.

  2. I have no registry in the Registry Editor called "StorageDevicePolicies", I'm using Windows 7.

  3. I can't format it using EASEUS Partition Manager on Windows 7 or with gPartEd on Ubuntu.


Note: I have Windows 7, Ubuntu 11.10 and Mac OS X Lion available to me.


Is there any way to format the pen drive so I can use it again?


Or is the only way now, to throw it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...