Sunday, July 21, 2019

ubuntu - Battery: uncharging?


I have a Lenovo Laptop (G470). My OS is Ubuntu.


Five minutes ago my computer said that only two minutes were necessary in order to have the battery fully charged. Right now the indicator says that I should wait ten minutes. What is happening? Is my battery or charger damaged? Is my battery uncharging?


Thanks in advance!


Answer



Without being totally sure, I would guess, this is to guarantee a long living battery.


Your charging controller is discharging and recharging your battery at the very top (about 98%) of its capacity. This prevents some issues (which I don't remember), which might shorten your battery life.


It seems legit that Ubuntu doesn't "know" about that and is just interpreting the raw numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...