Monday, July 22, 2019

Disable Windows 10 Update Notification OSD

Every now and then in Windows 10 it keeps grabbing my screen with an OSD telling me about updates with a button that takes me to the update menu in Settings. It's very annoying at times, especially whenever I have an app in full-screen it takes me away from it just to tell me about updates.


I want to disable this screen grabbing OSD notification because it's too obtrusive and simply outright annoying. Would prefer if I can just have it notify me in small popup balloon notification instead so it can be viewed in Message Centre.


I'm fine with some registry tweaks or whatever, either that or just disable update notifications completely. I currently only have it to notify of updates, but not download and install them whenever it chooses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...