Thursday, July 11, 2019

hard drive - Direct Clone or Disk Image using Carbon Copy Cloner?

Previously was using Carbon Copy Cloner to back up to disk images on an external USB HDD, and thought that disk images were the only way.


Having set up CCC again to clone onto a new external HDD after the previous HDD's failure, I realise that it is possible to do a direct clone (files cloned directly, ie not enclosed in a disk image).


What are the advantages of backing up to disk images as opposed to direct clones? (As I'm backing up multiple Macs onto the same external HDD, I don't require the clones to be bootable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...