Friday, July 19, 2019

license - Can I install Windows 8?

I bought a laptop that came with Windows 8 installed. There were problems with my laptop and I couldn’t even use the Windows 8 refresh or restart, so I installed Ubuntu. I now have only Ubuntu on my laptop and was wondering if there was any way I could go back to Windows 8 without paying. In my BIOS, it says my factory installed OS is Windows 8, and I have the sticker on my laptop to prove it in case I have to send it in.


EDIT 1:


I called them and they said it would cost $30 to get another cd.


My sticker looks like the one on the left.


enter image description here


EDIT 2:



  • My laptop is an HP Pavilion g6

  • I have wiped the partition and there is only one with Ubuntu on it.

  • I think I have my win 8 serial written somewhere

  • Nowhere on the PC does it have any key.

  • I have a legal Win XP SP2 cd (with key) if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...