Monday, July 22, 2019

Reducing size of Windows 7 system restore ISO image

As I have a Dell laptop, it appears I cannot use the Windows 7 ISO images that Microsoft provide for download, as they won't recognize the product key printed on the machine. Instead, Dell provide a download of their recovery disc image, but it is somewhat larger than the bare Windows ISO images and will not fit onto any media I have here. Is there any way of removing unnecessary parts of the file so that I can install it onto a 4GB SD card to restore my system when I change out my hard disk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...