Thursday, July 18, 2019

hard drive - Where can I find and remove Pending Updates and Preview Builds in Windows 10?


I have an ACER laptop with 30G of hard drive space, and as I learned after purchasing, most of that in Windows 10 is consumed by System files :)


So I have precious little space to spare, and wonder if I can get rid of the 1.30G of "Pending Updates and Preview Builds" files shown here at bottom:


(listed in temporary files under system > storage)


Note that I've clicked on View Update Status and nothing there indicates where the files are located or how to remove.


Answer



Deleting "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" would clear the pending updates. That's the easy part.


To install them, you'll need to use a PowerShell Module to get access to the updates via command line and install them manually. Search for PSWindowsUpdate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...