Tuesday, July 16, 2019

linux - Any way to restart copying of a large file from where it was interrupted

at work, I sshed to a remote server at another location of my company. I generally use scp to copy files from/to remote server from local Ubuntu machine i work on.


Recently while I was copying a file which was of size around 3GB, the VPN connection to our remote site went down and thus interrupted the file copy when only around 1.5GB of file was copied. Even this copy took ages(due to our slow link).


Is there any file copy app(ftp based/scp based/any other standalone app) under Linux/Unix to copy files such that if interrupted, they can begin copy from correct state while avoiding having to redo the whole thing of copying from beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...