Saturday, July 13, 2019

windows 10 - User account working as administrator - not wanted

I have the opposite problem as many of those who make questions about Admin accounts here.



My PC failed, so I did a factory reset thus reinstalling Win 10 Pro from scratch.





  • I first created a local account which had administrator,

  • then I created an Admin account,

  • logged under this one and lowered the first account to user account.



Unfortunately when I am logged as the normal user account (Peppe in the screenshot) if I try to install a program or do anything else which triggers UAC, I am asked only to confirm the UAC.
Before the reset I had to insert the password or PIN of the Admin account in order to continue, and that is the wanted behavior, because I want to be in control of what each program is doing.
Could you please help me to have the password/PIN prompt when I trigger UAC?



Screenshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...