Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Can't install update 'Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586' (KB3012973)

I can see that I have a new update on my machine 'Upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1511, 10586'. The Windows update is constantly nagging me to restart my computer but when I do restart (I select 'Update and restart' nothing happens, the machine just restarts normally. When I go to the knowledge base link for the update (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3012973) I get 404.


I've tried running:



  • sfc /scannow

  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

  • MediaCreationTool.exe


SFC and DISM reported no errors and everything looks to be ok. On MediaCreationTool.exe I selected the Upgrade but it claims that my windows version is not supported by that tool. Winver states that I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise (Build 10240).


Does anyone have any idea how I could apply the update?


Edit:
There is already a similar question asked (My Windows 10 Enterprise still has not got the November update (1511)) but it is not the same case as I have.
Unlike the other question the update is in my windows update list. My computer is constantly nagging me to reboot to install the update.
Additionally I have another computer (laptop) which also has Windows 10 Enterprise edition. I've installed both computers at the same time a year ago. This other computer is already updated to 1511 (Winver states: Microsoft Windows Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.318).
On this other computer I can see that the update was installed (see third item in the windows update history)


Windows update from my laptop which was already updated


Just to be complete here is the windows update history from my computer which doesn't want to install the update:


Windows update on my computer which does not want to install the update

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...