Wednesday, July 10, 2019

windows 7 - Internet trouble: some things are fine, some things aren't


In my browser (firefox) everything is normal. I can visit every site I want to, load/play flash videos etc.


But I seem unable to be on irc (chatzilla), I can't download anything (qbittorrent, I can dl the .torrent files) and I can't connect to the steam network.


I use windows 7 here.


Anyone has had this issue or knows what I can do?


Edit: I was able to connect to steam. But irc and dl-ing are still not working.


Answer



This probably indicates that you are NATed somewhere along your connection without UPnP, or the ports wanted by ChatZilla/qBittorrent are explicitly blocked by your administrator.


Ask whoever administrates your network to set up UPnP, or, failing that, triggered forwarding for your MAC address.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...