Tuesday, July 30, 2019

hard drive - Does this mean that Tor saves private information?

I was going through my pagefile.sys system file (as I usually do) and found a few things of note. For example:



-----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCWNR3PfJy6YRwA6fUCfF7TlcP0
Bz+PI0aeayOQmm1uyx/wB/MB0zweBwEvgLnbmgYzE8PUpBNtaFaY3essSMHsWko2
SYkCVujKPdWhN9k8tqX/tMPn7TVUm7XAZ9A4mbgoYfX669qpguMn5QXkFEt0OFYK
Qo4DHJY86AJh3qawkQIDAQAB
-----END RSA PUBLIC KEY--------


followed by



ntor-onion-key 4BeCRL/99541u3jcjdkwkmjhbutujjeroj34jkkjj542jqpwkag9jkf9=



I am a user of the Tor browser. I run it on its most default settings (i.e disabled disk writes, on Windows 10, latest version of Firefox, etc.)



Does this mean that Tor has failed in its objective to not write data to disk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...