Tuesday, July 30, 2019

power supply - What is an effective laptop charging scheme




My friend told me that if you leave the AC adaptor plug plugged into the laptop after the battery is charged 100%, it actually over charges it and never cuts off the voltage. As a result, this reduces battery life.


I have Dell n5010 n series laptop with i5 in it. It is a new machine, and I was thinking that how is it possible that huge companies leave a "bug" like this in a laptop that is so expensive.


I think that it never turns off the charging, it actually puts it to float voltage as this is one of charging techniques.


I want to know what, in fact, happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...