Tuesday, July 9, 2019

windows - Automate directory tree creation based on date

Hi and thanks in advance. I'm new to batch scripting and would like to perform the following action daily in my server. I need to make sure the directory path year/month/day exists in a given subfolder, if not create it.


I researched online but I could only find scripts that make yyyymmdd type directory names and create only one level in the directory tree structure.


I found the following example in this blog.


:: Auto directory date batch (MMDDYYYY format)
:: First parses month, day, and year into mm , dd, yyyy formats and then combines to be DDMMYYYY
:: Setups %date% variable
:: @author Deepu Mohan Puthrote www.deepumohan.com
@echo off
FOR /F "TOKENS=1* DELIMS= " %%A IN ('DATE/T') DO SET CDATE=%%B
FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 eol=/ DELIMS=/ " %%A IN ('DATE/T') DO SET mm=%%B
FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=/ eol=/" %%A IN ('echo %CDATE%') DO SET dd=%%B
FOR /F "TOKENS=2,3 DELIMS=/ " %%A IN ('echo %CDATE%') DO SET yyyy=%%B
SET date=%dd%%mm%%yyyy%
echo New folder name %date%
MKDIR %date%

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...