Wednesday, July 10, 2019

This computer is not running genuine Windows issue

Recently I had to restore and fix the MBR and the boot loader of my Genuine Windows 7 installation on a laptop.
After that Boot Loader restoration, the Windows Activation Technologies dialog appears daily saying that my Windows 7 version is not genuine.


I had re-activated Windows 7 using my original serial key several times, using ether command line (slui.exe 3) or the GUI tool (Computer, Properties, Change Product Key). Every time I do that, Windows says that activation was succesful (Product activated successfully) but a few hour later, I have the same problem (the dialod appears and says that


From Control Panel I can see that My Windows IS activated!
Using slmgr /xpr I see that Windows is permanently activated!


So, either the Windows Activation Technologies is problematic (in which case I have a different problem because I cannot find the installation package!) or I need to somehow activate the Windows 7 despite the different opinion of slmgr!


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...