Saturday, July 27, 2019

windows 10 - Storage Spaces Utilization Doesn't Make Sense

Here's my setup:


Windows 10



  • 1 2TB USB3 drive

  • 1 3TB USB3 drive

  • 3.59 TB Two way mirror storage space built from these drives


Previously I had 2x 2TB drives, but one failed, so the replacement is 3TB. I did the math on the utilization percentages of the individual drives and they're both equally loaded, but each at only half of the used amount of the pool. The storage space is using 1.59 TB of space, but each drive's individual utilization is only half of that.


Why is this? Shouldn't each drive be utilizing the full amount of the storage space's data? Shouldn't I be right at the limit of the first 2 TB drive and be in need of adding two more drives to expand storage capacity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...