Thursday, May 11, 2017

windows - How can I check a system's current NTP configuration?

I need to verify the current NTP configuration on some Windows systems. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this via command line instead of navigating through configuration screens.



(I'm working on several different OS versions, and configuration screens tend to not always be in the same place across versions.)



I'm hoping to find a quick, memorable command that I can just punch into a CMD console to get the result. A batch file I can carry around with me will do just as well, though.




Specifically, I need the following:




  • Show whether or not the system is configured to receive time from an NTP server.

  • Show the NTP server(s) the system is receiving time from.

  • Show the time of the last synchronization.

  • Show the current time on the system.



What command(s) would be necessary to achieve these results?




Looking for a solution that's cross-compatible with Windows XP, 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...