Thursday, May 18, 2017

Is there a way to type instead of on a Mac keyboard?

Even though Macs have only one keyboard key for it, there is a difference between (carriage) return and enter. I need to type an enter (not return) into a field (it's a macro utility, and there's no ability to enter ASCII codes).



I know there used to be a way to do this (maybe it's because I used to have a keyboard with a numeric keyboard where the Enter key sent an enter command) but I don't have a full-sized keyboard anymore. On my MacBook Pro keyboard, the return key has an "enter" label, too (in smaller type above "return") and I thought I might be able to use a modifier key (Shift/Option/Command/Control), but that doesn't seem to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...