Tuesday, May 16, 2017

truecrypt - Filesystem for few large files

I am looking for a filesystem suited for a few (no more than 5 or so) large-ish files (ranging from 10GB-100GB). The files are already compressed (sparse support not needed).


The FS will be used to format a truecrypt container. The filesystem will occupy the entire container and the container will be sized to its contents.


I have been considering XFS for its large file handling but it does seem to provide more features than I need. Are there any really lightweight solutions or is XFS the way to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...