Thursday, May 25, 2017

Printing multiple pages per sheet on both side then divide the paper?


I would like to print 4 pages per sheet, on both side of the paper, then divide (cut) the paper into 4 part. If it's just 1 sheet (which can contain 8 printed pages), I can write the print order as 1, 3, 5, 7, 4, 2, 8, 6 so that when I divide the sheet, behind page 1 is page 2, behind page 3 is page 4, and so on..


Now I need to print hundred of pages from a document, since writing the print order simply isn't viable, how do I do this?


Document is in Word format, but I don't mind to use another program (preferably free) as long as it can receive exported files from Word.


Answer



You can do this by printing in two passes on the same pages:



  1. First pass will print odd pages in horizontal-first

  2. Second pass will print even pages in top-right-first order on the other side of the pages printed in the first pass.


Word can print even or odd pages, but for the second pass you will need
to go into the Printer properties page (if your printer supports it).
For my printer, this is found under Page Layout click Page Layout,
then the Specify... button (see image below).


You may also need for the second pass to put the pages into the printer
upside-down and change the print order in Word to last-page-first.


I suggest making some test runs until getting right this sequence of
operations.


Here is how the Printer properties page looks like in my printer
for the second pass:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...