Monday, May 8, 2017

Windows 7 virtual memory size




I have computer with 4GB RAM running windows 7 64 bit edition. I have set paging file size 8000MB( both initial size and maximum size) according this document, but after restart I'm seeing only 4GB memory in task manager.



What else should I do, to increase my virtual memory size?


Answer



I had never though about this before, but as far as I can tell, Task Manager only reports on physical memory. I suggest that you just look at the root of the drive you put the virtual memory files (pagefile.sys) on, and make sure they total the 8000MB you set. If they are there, you are fine.



enter image description here



You might find this document about memory, virtual memory and page files useful:




http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2267427


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...