Thursday, May 11, 2017

windows - How to block everything (all incoming and outgoing internet access) except those applications are in firewall white-list?


Is it possible to auto block all applications incoming/outgoing internet connection except for example Firefox with default windows firewall?


I would like to block everything, even including windows update and other software updates.
I would like to allow only one web browser like firefox, chrome or opera.
How can I set up a config like this in windows Firewall?
I see for blocking application but seems you need to add one by one and it is a tedious task.


What I wish to achieve is a "whitelisting" - meaning that I set up 1 rule on a firewall that says "block everything" (deny all any/any, where
"deny" = don't let anything through,
"all" = all types of traffic,
"any/any" = any source, any destination).


Then, I set up the "white list" - meaning the list of good destinations that I want to allow.
A list of applications that I'd like to grant network access to them. Only application in this list will be able to communicate.
Notice that whitelisting is different than blacklisting, in that whitelisting blocks everything and then allows a few things later. With that definition in mind, everything is automatically blocked and cannot be used.


I'd like there should be an option or button to makes it possible for me to edit, add or delete application in this list manually.




I'm not an expert, So please try to give a detailed answer as I don't know anything about ports and some other expressions that I came across when googleing this.
Thanks,


Answer



SimpleWall WhiteList


Description:


Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer.


The lightweight application is less than a megabyte, and it is compatible with Windows Vista and higher operating systems.
For correct working, need administrator rights.


Features:



  • Free and open source

  • Simple interface without annoying pop ups

  • Rules editor (create your own rules)

  • Internal blocklist (block Windows spy / telemetry)

  • Dropped packets information with notification and logging to a file
    feature (win7+)

  • Allowed packets information with logging to a file feature (win8+)

  • Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) support (win10)

  • Windows Store support (win8+)

  • Windows services support

  • Localization support

  • IPv6 support


Website: www.henrypp.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...