Wednesday, May 31, 2017

ubuntu - Dual booting windows 8 and Kali Linux 1.0.8

I'm trying to install kali linux along with windows 8
The latest Kali version (1.0.8) supports booting alongside windows 8


I installed Kali Linux from a LiveCD, rebooted and it went straight to windows. I thought I should use boot-repair


I used my ubuntu liveCD and used boot-repair in the hopes of it installing GRUB that will either allow me to boot into windows 8 or Kali Linux


Boot-repair was running fine but in the end it failed.


I was hoping if someone could help me with my problem
This is the dump of boot-repair: Dump


Thanks for any help

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...