Friday, May 19, 2017

laptop - Swap FN modifier for a particular key


I have recently bought a new laptop and I have a keyboard "steelseries". The keyboard is of very good quality overall, with just a small problem :


The keys "PageUp" and "Origin" are on the same physical key, as well as "PageDown" and "End". The default behavior is to execute "PageUp/PageDown", and I need to hold "FN" to be able to type "End" or "Origin". Not really convenient for a programmer...


Is it possible to swap the FN function just for these particular keys ? I'd like the default behavior to be "End/Origin" and not "PageUp/PageDown"


I am running Windows 10


The actual laptop is a MSI Ghost GS60


Answer



You can use a software mapping tool, such as AutoHotKey or SharpKeys


Although you know this, I put in for clarity (for other visitors) but the search phrase you need is "



software keyboard mapping



Or



keyboard mapping tool



These will usually bring up a wealth of information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...