Thursday, May 18, 2017

sata - Can you point me to a cable that will connect this motherboard port with this DVD drive?

(Note: This is not a duplicate of my earlier question, in case you're wondering. This question has an entirely different DVD drive!)



Here is an image of my laptop motherboard's SATA connector (for a DVD drive):



enter image description here



I don't see any model number on the motherboard. The laptop is Acer Extensa model MS2394, purchased a few months ago (came with Windows 8 or 8.1 installed).




This is a matching SATA port for an internal DVD drive:



enter image description here



Problem is, the DVD drive doesn't fit into the laptop.



QUESTION: Can you point me to a cable that will connect the two together? This way, the "internal" DVD drive could be used as an external DVD drive. It's an ugly setup with a permanent SATA cable coming out of an opening of the laptop, but I don't care about that.



I've been searching for "SATA cable" but there are so many alternatives. I don't know which to pick. Isn't there a simple (and long enough) SATA to SATA "extension" cable, so to speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...