Wednesday, May 10, 2017

windows 7 - Harddisk write performance as bottleneck

I'm trying to speed up compiles on my system, and have found that harddisk write performance seems to be one of the bottlenecks (as the compiles write a lot of object files and associated debug information).


As I have lots of memory and can easily recreate the generated files if bad things happen, I wonder if it's possible to allow files to be written without any synchronisation. It is completely acceptable if files vanish or even have inconsistent data after a system crash, as I can recreate generated files easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...