Wednesday, May 10, 2017

login - Windows 7 domain logon takes too long

I have recently installed Windows 7 on my work laptop and am having an annoying problem when logging in to my domain user account.


If I initially try to log on to my domain user account, it takes an annoying 45 to 60 seconds until the "welcome" screen disappears and I can see my desktop.


If I log in to a local account, it takes about 10 seconds.


However, if I log on to the domain user account AFTER I've already logged in to the local account (switch user, or log off and THEN switch user), it takes about 10 seconds as well.


What could be the problem? How would I solve this?


EDIT: This is not the desktop background problem. My wallpaper is not a solid color, it's an image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...