Sunday, May 21, 2017

How to clear current “read-only” state on a USB flash drive I setup with Rufus?

Three weeks ago I used Rufus 2.2 to install Windows 10 on my machine, and it has write-protected my flash drive.
I’ve tried diskpart:



diskpart

att disk clear readonly
clean
create partition primary
format fs=fat32 quick


And it kinda worked, it removed the image off the USB, but now it’s showing:



Current Read-only State : Yes
Read-only : No

Boot Disk : No
Pagefile Disk : No
Hibernation File Disk : No
Crashdump Disk : No
Clustered Disk : No


And I can’t format it or write on it.



The drive is a a Kingston DataTraveler G4 32GB model, without physical switches. How would I restore it back to normal (rw) state?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...